Re: The Master

5 words - Pete Newell's Big Man Camp.
Seriously, Mihm's the classic candidate. Someone with some potential that needs to be instructed in how to better manage what he has to take maximum advantage. Your point about needing more subtlety is excellent and at the heart of why he needs some targeted summer school, since he clearly can't figure it out on his own. No, that isn't purely from lack of experience -for all his youth, Kendrick clearly gets it much better than Mihm on the subtleties of post play in things like footwork and using your weight vs flailing aroud with it. He just hasn't caught up to NBA speed yet in using it.
Kim

If I recall correctly, Mihm has already been to Pete Newell's camp twice.  Once before his last year at Texas and then again the summer before his first year as a pro.              I didn't see Mihm much in Cleveland, but I saw him a lot in college.  He had a very nice post up game, albeit usually against smaller defenders, but he also was very good facing the basket.  He had a very reliable shot from about 15 feet in.  That's what is so confusing to me.  I know the pro game is different, but that's not a skill you would think someone would lose in the transition from one level to another.   Maybe it's simply a matter of losing confidence in his shot and being afraid to take it?  Anyway, I think his problem right now is much more on the defensive end of the court.   He is too slow to react.  This is really obvious when defending the pick and roll.  He's slow to get out and then even slower to get back to his own man.  I honestly think that is the main reason his playing time has been
 limited and I can't say I blame Carroll at all.                              TAM

Do you Yahoo!?