Blount

Doesn't it seem ironic that Blount is so obsessed with going wherever Jim
O'Brien lands, given that Obie's leaving seems to be directly responsible for
his breakout as a player?

It appears, at least to me, that the new post-Obie offensive style has opened
up the middle for Blount to get lots of touches, more offensive rebounds and
many, many dunks. And the post-Obie defense, without the all-out blitzing, has
freed Blount to grab many more rebounds.

I know that Obie showed faith in Blount while we all thought he was a slug,
but I wonder if a reunion with Obie will decimate Blount's numbers again. Not
that Blount wonders any of this, of course.

I think Chris Mihm could do much of what Blount is doing. He's got better
hands and could make all those dunks as well, and he's a better rebounder. Not
as consistent a shooter, though, and his defense is worse. Still, he should be
getting more than seven minutes a game to show what he can accomplish,
especially given Blount's impending departure.

Why, by the way, do I think this is going to turn into a lose-lose situation
for Ainge? When Blount goes, Ainge will be slammed for driving him away and/or
getting nothing for him in trade. Peter May is already warming up his
keyboard. But if Ainge had traded Blount at the deadline, can you imagine the
firestorm, considering what happened  over Eric Freaking Williams?

STEVE O

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef]