Carroll, the Idiot, could learn from COY Hubie Bronw

this is why Brown will win Coach of the Year and Carroll remains an
idiot (esp. last paragraph vis-a-vis Hunter):

Full Article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?
columnist=hughes_frank&id=1765840

And that's where Brown comes in. We'll allow him to explain his
philosophy, which he touched on at the start of this column, when he
discussed the team's depth only because Brown is willing to exploit his
team's depth. It involves playing two entirely different units, akin to
hockey lines, the first an offensive-minded unit, led by Jason Williams
and Gasol, the second a defensive unit which wears down an opponent as
the game goes along.

The result is that Gasol, the team's best player, averages only 32
minutes a game, scoring 18 points and grabbing eight rebounds. Four
other players average in double figures, and two others average better
than nine points a game.

It is an equal opportunity team, which is Brown's intent and desire.

"Guys have their own way of playing," Brown said. "That is why pro
sports are great. Some (coaches) are rotating eight guys in. They are
not budging off eight guys. Some guys play nine guys. They don't
believe in eight guys because they want one of their starters on the
floor with that second unit.

"We play 10 guys. We have one guy playing 32 minutes, seven guys
playing 20 minutes and two guys playing 18 or 19 minutes. We don't
worry about any team other than our team. We did this in Kentucky, when
we won a championship in the ABA, we did it in Atlanta, we did it in
New York (and) we are doing it here.

"We believe -- and this is what we believe, though guys argue this --
but we believe there is no difference between the eighth, ninth and
10th players. Because we are young, we are committed to developing
young talent. I would rather have 10 guys come in every night knowing
they are going to be playing. Because the worst thing, the worst, and I
have been around since 1973, is if they come and play 22 minutes
tonight (and the) next game they come they don't even get in. Then the
next time, garbage time, 2= minutes. That is hard. That is hard on that
player."