Re: Plan for getting Barry

On Mar 22, 2004, at 7:18 AM, Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx wrote:

So here is the deal where we could have our cake and eat it too. First, we
get Barry to agree to come to us with the MLE. I believe Seattle will offer more
money but Barry has to say he will only sign with Boston like Miller did with
the Kings. We would to catch a break here folks. WE ARE DUE! Then, Danny
offers to trade a number one, Stewart and Hunter for resigned Barry at 6 million
a year in a Miller to the Kings like deal so Seattle can get something for
Barry who they were going to lose for nothing and we get to keep our MLE. We then
can use our MLE on Blount, Malone, Q or whomever.

NO WAY, NO WAY!

While i like the idea of trading for Barry so we can still use our MLE -- a #1 pick and Hunter (with or without Stewart) is a HORRIBLE deal.

Maybe Stewart, our 2nd round pick and McCarty or Jones, but that's it. MAYBE Atkins -- maybe, though I don't see the Sonics wanting or needing him with Ridnour & Daniels. If we do as you say -- and convince Barry to come here -- we're operating from a position of strength (a new thing for the Celts -- and in your face Ainge haters) and should act as such.

Indiana did the Miller deal -- and got crap back for him -- because they didn't want to lose him for absolutely nothign. I think Seattle would feel the same way and a 2nd round pick (in the 40s), more cap space next summer (with Stewart) and the Headless Chicken would be a little bit more than nothing -- without taking on anything really horrible salarywise.

(the oterh) mark