Spur game notes

EWill is getting replaced by Lee Nailon,  Battie already is a reserve and
Kedrick is a DNP. On the other hand, Ricky D is a reserve, Mihm is getting
Mihminal minutes and Stwewart is a DNP. Now what was the all the fuss about? Botttom
line is that both Ricky D and Mihm are young, have potential and therefore
have value....

Walter was so tired with about six minutes left last night that he was
waiting at the top of the three point line with his hands on his knees. Not good
that you are going into crunch time with what you (Carroll in this case) think is
your best power forward and he is totally fatigued. You can get away with
that on a highly skill set player but on a limited player like Walter, it can
kill you. Coaching error. But Carroll has been overplaying PP, who has a history
of much better efficiency with rest. I'll say it again, if you don't allow for
growth, it won't happen. Play a Mihm or Hunter at power forward, reduce PPs
minutes to a proper amount. If you don't make the playoffs under that formula,
so be it. But don't go for the gimmicks. Stay conventional.....

I think we have seen some improvement in Banks game these last few. When the
team learns to give him the ball as soon as possible for him to gun it up the
court under control, we are going to have a heck of a weapon.....

I have to give Blount props for his improved hands and shooting. He has
definitely improved. But what does it matter? We can only give him about 1.75
million next year so he will be gone whether he wanted to stay or not (unless you
use your MLE). I have to say that this is an error on Danny's part. I have
mentioned this before but I don't know how you give anyone a contract without
making protections for if a player has a growth spurt and can opt out and not have
his Bird rights. Danny did the smart thing by trading Twan before Twan had
him over a barrel. But signing Blount in the offseason and not providing the
chance that he could growth spurt and you can do nothing to retain him was a
mistake.....

Since there isn't any Celtic games until next Friday, we need to scout out
Barry. Take a look at Radman also, who is in McMillan's doghouse alot. He could
fit as the backup power forward behind LaFrentz. Since Seattle is cost
conscious and is likely going to lose Barry anyways, perhaps a trade of RickyD and
Stewart (expiring) for a resigned Barry and Radman would work for all parties.
Pretty much completes the team but a little weak defensively at the 2/3. I
still think you can let Blount pass with Mihm and Perkins waiting in the wings and
use the MLE to sign someone else (other than Blount). But is Perkins really a
power forward? We will never know until he gets some PT.....

Banks, Atkins
Barry, Jiri
PP, Jiri
Raef, Radman