Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Wyc on the Zone.

JB,
On further thought, I don't think Grousbeck would mention it unless Danny
would actually be interested in doing it. He could be the best player available
they could realistically pick up as a MLE. If he could just reign his game in a
little, he could be a great fit. His true worth salarywise, IMO, is a long
term MLE like J Howard. But he is scheduled to make 14 million next year. If we
signed him to a 5 year MLE, his total pull over that time would be something
like 30 million. Would he do it? It would be a great story. Walker could go on
about being a Celtic 4 Life, etc. If he could have a sitdown with Danny with
his hat in his hand, be Danny's boy and let the point guard run the show, he
would be a great pickup. However, I think it is more likely that Grousbeck
hasn't talked it with Danny, Walker still wants a big contract, he won't reign in
his game and be Danny's boy. Fun to think about though. A great question for a
reporter to ask Twan tonight. Hint, Hint....

DJessen33

<< > Excellent info and speculation, JB. Playing Raef along side of Blount
 > could
 >  really give the Cs a boost in the playoffs. On Twan, I thought of
 > that myself a
 >  few times but don't you think there is too much water under the bridge
 >  between Danny and Twan?

    DJessen
    Of course it would be very remarkable if Twan were to return to
 Boston. I posted it, because it was mentioned, but is absurd, to even
 think about, although, I do think he would a very different player and
 influence on the current team. So much about what happens to the
 Celtics depends on who is coaching next year. >>