random things make you say Hmmmm

-- don't know if anyone caught Inside the NBA after the Warriors upset of the Spurs, but they had John Thompson interviewing Yao Ming and Patrick Ewing. Ewing & Ming were sitting next to each other and it demonstrated just how BIG Ming is. Ewing looked like a guard sitting next to Yao (imagine say Mark Jackson sitting next to Ewing) -- easily a foot shorter than Ming. It was incredible.

-- Its easy to forget that Ricky Davis is still so young and still growing as a player -- which is scary. In fact did you realize he's only a year & 2 months older than Brandon Hunter? And only 4 months older than Jiri Welsch? It's so sad that the national media just goes on and on about Davis being a cancer -- as if people can never change. Paul Silas was on PTI yesterday and "wouldn't touch" Bob Ryan's question about sticking it to the Celts by trading them Davis.

I love Davis' play since coming here, especially his passing, his (vastly underrated) midrange game, his hustle and diving on the floor and his sheer enthusiasm. Ricky has a schtick. He's part streetballer (caught him on ESPN2 late Saturday playing a few years back with the And1 crew), but all these media types (like Tony Kornheiser, Stephen A. Smith, etc.) want to destroy him b/c of it -- as if they didn't have a schtick and as if their's weren't more irritating.

I see no reason -- and I mean this sincerely -- that Ricky Davis can't, given 32-36 mins a night, produce at the level of Antoine Walker's avg. over his last 2 years here. (21 pt, 8 reb, 5 asst, 1.5 stl). Maybe Davis could only get 6 reb a game, but he's as good -- if not better -- a passer as Walker (though, ironically, less flashy), hustles more, and shoots a much higher FG% (48.2 since coming to Boston).

-- current draft standings: 12, 24 (DAL), 25 (DET)

NBA Draft.net:
12 - Josh Childress (6-7 SG Stanford) though Kosta Perovic (7-2 C Serbia) is at #13 (portland)
24 - Rashad McCants (6-3 SG, N. Carolina)
25 - Rafael Araujo (6-11 C, BYU)

Personally I couldn't see Ainge taking a SG at 24...I think he goes big with both the 24 & 25 picks, unless there is a surprise slider. 7-3 Ha Seung-Jin (S. Korea) is slated at 27 (San Antonio) and HS PF Al Jefferson (6-8) at 30.

42 - Timmy Bowers (6-2 PG, Miss. St.).