Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] "It's like a painful death,"-Globe

On Mar 13, 2004, at 5:17 PM, Josh Ozersky wrote:

> why in the world is he not ready?  I've never heard a single
> reason; as with Hunter, they lay out this bullshit "he's not
> ready!"  when in fact we can see he is.
>
> Josh
> ************

	Until we see him in "prime time," we won't really know.
	When we saw Hunter, he certainly did help turn the teams direction
around with his toughness, which imho, was sorely needed and I
won't/don't mind a few rookie mistakes, if we can get that element back
into our team and in the opponents minds, that they may take a few
bruises, when playing here.
	Speaking of rookie mistakes, this team plays so poorly for stretches;
McCarty, Pierce (nice work against Stackhouse, but when will he realize
that some defensive schemes and players should  make him alter his
approach to the game?), Blount, all of them, then what's the difference
who makes the turnovers? There were stretches of ineptitude last night
that were frightening, including some coast to coast work from Pierce,
in the third quarter, that just made me cringe. Three or four
possessions in a row, that he just ruined.
	On the other hand, with Carroll's tenure here, very tenuous, he needs
to think of himself and if he thinks his resume will look better with a
few more wins, we aren't likely to see any changes in the rotation.
	On the other hand (how many of these can I have, hypothetically?), a
real good coach would have inserted Perkins a lot earlier against
Indiana, for example. There have been many situations this season where
he could have played for some decent stretches, without affecting the
game's outcome.
	I do believe that the self esteem he might gain, in a few extended
appearances,  will buoy him for his over the summer work, even if it
just gives him some credence and respect in a  summer league, against
the "wannabees."
	I also want to see a lot more of Mihm. Here is a 7'er with real
athletic ability. To my way of looking at this, here is a  player who
needs 30-35 minutes a night, every night, to really get his feet under
him and some confidence that he can just go out and play. His potential
is off the charts.
	We need to find out if we need to spend the mid level on Marc Blout(if
he even wants to stay), or whether Perkins, Lafrentz, Mihm and Hunter
will give us enough at the 4/5 next season.
	JB
Unchain My Heart!