RE: Apple jam

At 11:52 AM 3/11/2004, Pereira, Jorge M wrote:
From Jorge Pereira - Jpereira@xxxxxxxx
<snip>
And don't tell me Paul is getting rebounds and assists and helps the team. If I stood under a an apple tree for over 40 minutes every day I'd get apples rebounding off my head too. <snip>

OK, now I'm no Pierce jocker but this is as blatantly unfair as I thought some of the attacks on Ricky were. Pierce gets most of his rebounds the old fashioned way - he goes after them and earns them, they don't just drop into his hands. It's one of the things I like best about him as a player, balancing out some of a much longer list of things I don't. I agree that he needs to get a better grasp of his optimal role and what helps/doesn't help the team, but his rebounds are legit and team leading. As they also were with Antoine here last year, BTW, even though Antoine spent more time, er, under the tree.
Kim