Re: Vecsey comment

< Hey, Petey, he's trying something.   It might work. It might not.   But
fire
him immediately because he isn't trying to maintain a .500 club for the
next ten years? > - Doug

Doug - I firmly believe that your either/or scenario of us remaining a
first-round dropout for years to come or having to completely gut our team
in an attempt at the gold is one of the biggest fallacies commonly advanced
on this list.   Is there no in-between?   Instead of starting over at ground
zero,   couldnbt Ainge have gradually implemented his VISION
player-by-player

over the course of his self-proclaimed three-year window/honeymoon?

This is what I believe the national media is screaming about-

1) Having handicapped our team by gutting it so severely, there are just
too many teams ahead of us now to think that we will be able to catch
em all in three or even five years.   Seems like all topnotch teams must
have at least two franchise players and where will our second one come
from?   Also keep in mind that our owners arenbt exactly Mark Cubans.

2) That Dannybs additions to our team have yet to bear out his vision or
prove even that he is the great assessor of talent many of you believe
he is.    It is easy to agree with his ideas, but where is the execution?

JAMES - bMy first choice all along for a free-agent PG b (Egg: Right
Danny,
           only after your first five choices turned you down).
BANKS - bThe most NBA-ready PG in the draftb   (Egg: ????)
JONES -   bHe has the speed, athleticism, touch, and versatility to be our
               starting SF and even fill in some at SG and PF.b   (Egg:
Right

               Danny, exactly why one of the worst teams in the league chose
               not to re-sign him)
MIHM -         bThis guy is a sleeper whose potential is off the scale.b
               (Egg:   Right Danny, RipVanMihm is certainly a sleeper.)
DAVIS -    bA great athlete with a bad rep but a very personable kid who
                 I really like.b    (Egg: Wonder why you attempted to peddle
him
               at the trade deadline. Couldnbt even get Brent Barry for
him?)
HUNTER - bHe plays bigger than his size.b (Egg: Great for #56, but not
quite

               big enough to be our future at PF?)
SONGAILA - bI was only going on what the coaches told me, that he would
                 never make it in the NBA.b   (Egg - Like after re-hiring
Obie,
                 you actually considered his input in any of your moves?)

WELSCH, LaFRENTZ, and PERKINS remain IMHO as Danny do goods.   But looking
ahead, do any of you really feel in your heart of hearts that a future
utopian
lineup of LaFrentz, Welsch, Perkins, Banks, and Pierce (with Davis, Mihm,
Hunter off the bench) will actually get the job done?   The style may be
right,
but where is the talent to back it up?

Egg