Ricky Fan

I know Ricky Davis is taking a beating for his Dunk episode from last nite but count this old grizzled Celts fan as squarely in Ricky's corner. I did not know too much of him before coming here except from reports, which among other things, had him as a clubhouse and team cancer. Yes he is a showman for sure, but since he has joined the celts he has been an ultimate team guy, hustling, taking whatever role he is given without complaints or sulking, during losing, winning, changes in coaches, team loyalties and playing philosophies. He is there to help up teammates when knocked down and last but not least is he is a very good talent and fun to watch.

I cannot condone the extreme dunk attempt in a game yet to be decided, that does not lift your team and home crowd while demoralizing the other team, which his attempt did not do or would have done had he been successfully. And that is the only ground that I will take issue with Davis's attempt. But a little coaching on the psychological use of a dunk should help him along, he seems coach-able to me.

The difference I see in Davis vs lets say Payton or Walker is they seem to want to show up other players and team whereas davis seems to showboat just for the pure fun of it and because he can do extreme athletic things at will. I love his exuberance that does not seem to have a sinister intent. Yes it needs to be reigned in a little, but I do not get the hatred of him to this point based on his stay with us so far.

Go Celts, Go Ricky
Yahoo! Search - Find what youre looking for faster.