Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Walter's minutes

I kind of think that Carroll made his first substitution mistake of this run.
He came out in the second half with Walter at the power forward and they
killed us. No offensive boards and Blount already overmatched with Shaq. He didn't
make a change to go with Mihm until like 6 minutes left in the quarter but
the points and physological damage had been down. I just think Carroll forgot
that it was the offensive rebounding that was adding toughness and started the
break that was inspiring the team (along with the leadership of Atkins) and not
Walter's three point shooting. Clearly, Carroll thought that was it because
he went to JJ instead of Hunter when Walter had the foul trouble.

So Carroll screwed for the first time in this run. It just was a mistake in
judgment. He did the same thing with the Knicks but of course, they don't have
the dominant big man so it was the right move then. I think that deluded his
judgement. He lost the vision. Let's see if he learns from his mistakes. Repeat
after me, John. I cannot play Walter at power forward against a team with a
dominant inside player or multi 7 footers. In that case, I must play Hunter or
Mihm at power forward.(Please John, just rewind to when you put in Mihm along
with Blount against Garnett, Kandi and the Wolves and we instantly turned a 10
point deficit into a win)...

DJessen33

<< ---Andy wrote

 6 minutes for Hunter????

 --- end of quote ---

 Very peculiar. Especially as they were getting killed on the boards.

 And he plays Jumaine Jones also when Walter gets in foul trouble.

 I'm really curious to know what exactly Carroll thinks the Celtics are losing
 when Hunter and Mihm are out there, because they must be losing something in
his
 eyes.

 mike >>