Blount's upcoming contract in perspective

One year wonders like Mark, and over the hill Centers surprisingly also
get about 5 mill/year contracts.  They are Centers that the press and
fans moan about being high paid stiffs:

Ostertag

Vitaly, Jerome James, Calvin Booth

MacCulloch

Mourning/Mutombo (now that they're older)

Shawn Bradley

I think Blount and his agent know that he's always been a minimum salary
guy, and this next contract could change his life and set him up
financially forever.  That's why he's up'd his effort on rebounding so
much (he's doing a GREAT job).  He'll go to Miami or Portland(If Obie is
there) and will get the full exemption near 5 mill.

But he's a stiff just like the 8 I've listed above and will disappoint
people with his usual bad stats after the big payday.  Count on it.