Re: driving me nuts...

On Mar 10, 2004, at 1:28 PM, R Howe wrote:

My problem with this, and it makes me want to scream, is for what ever he gains by having Waltah on the floor as his outside perimeter option (9-15 pts in about 30+ mins) is that he loses that much and more in the other team getting offensive rebounds and getting mult offensive chances, also on the defensive rebounding side which limits our capability to effectively start the break. Blount did a GREAT job in the second half last nite because for most the second half he was paired with McCarty receiving almost zero help on the glass and defense, this made the rookie Sweetney look like Shaq on the boards. If Carrol needs McCarty out there for the 3 pt threat then his time has to come from either Jiri's or Davis's time not from the Pwr Forward position. Next year Lafrentz may fill this role from the 4 spot in spreading the floor, maybe Mihm or Hunter develop a mid range game over the summer, but for now the role of outside shooter that is not named Pierce should be from Jiri, Davis, Atkins combos. You can add McCarty but not while playing PF. In the mean time keep a combo of Mihm, Blount and Hunter at the C/PF spots as much as possible..... Please!

great point RHowe -- if McCarty *has* to be out there in Carroll's mind then it should be at SF, taking mins. from Davis/Welsch. Though all of us would agree that's even stupider than him taking mins from Hunter.

basic point is that -- and i'm guessing again we all agree -- that playing McCarty is just stupid for any more than 5 mins or so. and it's driving me crazy.

(the other) mark