Fwd: Re: driving me nuts...

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Search - Find what youre looking for faster.
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:22:17 -0800 (PST)
From: R Howe <regmanw6@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: driving me nuts...
To: Mark Piotrowski <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Agree 100%, It seems he is only starting Hunter to placate Ainge then yanks him to the pine as if a playing him as an experiment or something. I think he he thinks he needs to spread the floor more to open things for Pierce and uses Waltah in old Walker role to a certain extent (it is what he knows from Obie time).

 My problem with this, and it makes me want to scream, is for what ever he gains by having Waltah on the floor as his outside perimeter option (9-15 pts in about 30+ mins) is that he loses that much and more in the other team getting offensive rebounds and getting mult offensive chances, also on the defensive rebounding side which limits our capability to effectively start the break. Blount did a GREAT job in the second half last nite because for most the second half he was paired with McCarty receiving almost zero help on the glass and defense, this made the rookie Sweetney look like Shaq on the boards. If Carrol needs McCarty out there for the 3 pt threat then his time has to come from either Jiri's or Davis's time not from the Pwr Forward position. Next year Lafrentz may fill this role from the 4 spot in spreading the floor, maybe Mihm or Hunter develop a mid range game over the summer, but for now the role of outside shooter that is not named Pierce should be from Jiri, Davis,
 Atkins combos. You can add McCarty but not while playing PF. In the mean time keep a combo of Mihm, Blount and Hunter at the C/PF spots as much as possible..... Please!

Whew! thanks for letting me vent on this again. I know it is not likely to change as long as Carrol is here fighting for his life and... yes winning with Waltah, my point is I think he could also win w/out Waltah at the PF spot ... then again my professional life is not on the line and I am not the coach. While winning it is hard to complain too much. On the Carrol positive side he seems to let Banks play with some lee way, taking him out when he gets too out of control and is not contributing. Last nite was a good example of Carrol giving Banks enough rope to hang himself as far as playing time.

GO Celts!  BEAT LA, BEAT LA

Mark Piotrowski <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- 6 game winning streak = wonderful. I'm so happy for the team! I
still think we can make it to #5 seed (New Orleans is playing poorly),
upset Milwaukee, then upset #1 Indiana -- we're in their heads.

that said....

I almost want Ainge to fire Carroll. WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH is
Waltah playing more minutes that Hunter and Mihm COMBINED. Aaaargh.
It's not b/c he wants to win -- because we were doing that with Hunter
playing big minutes. Aaaargh.

I HATE Carrol.

(the other) Mark
Yahoo! Search - Find what youre looking for faster.