Re: Twan rearing his ugly head

Something you never explain, Sean, is just what other trade was out there
that was better than what we got? If Walker opts out this year which I think is
50-50 after listening to his radio show last night, the Mavs like the Cs would
get nothing for him. If he doesn't opt out, why do you think a better deal is
out there, even for the Mavs? Look at what we got for Mills expiring deal,
Atkins and a no. 1. Yeah, the Blazers got more for Wallace's contract but he is
better than Twan.....

DJessen33

<< I think its highly unlikely that he will - but if there were a guy who
 would do it, I think it would be Antoine.

 I don't agree with you on Raef, but time will tell which of us is right.
 I just think his talent doesn't justify his salary and that if I recall
 correctly due to the way his contract is structured his salary is not an
 even 10 per season, but goes up each year.

 I like what we got in return - my point was just that we (as in the
 Celtics and their fans) value that stuff a lot more than Dallas did.
 Mills meant very little to Dallas cause Cuban has a lot deeper pockets
 and is willing to dip into them.  For the draft pick, there are probably
 a lot of teams who wouldn't be wild about the 27th pick in the first
 round - Danny thinks he can get something or use it in a deal to net
 something back.  If he does, excellent.  For Dallas, its not that big of
 a deal.  For Jiri, I am not sure he will be a above average NBA starter
 - but it looks like he might be just what this team or any team needs
 --> a smart, heady player with some skill and some toughness.  I don't
 think he is the answer, but he is certainly a piece of the puzzle to
 building a winning team here.  Again, for Dallas, they already have that
 and thus he goes to being a key cog here versus a minor bit part there.
 None of this is my attempt to run down the extras in this deal - I just
 don't agree with Raef coming back due to a) his contract b) his skills
 and c)the idea that getting rid of cap space and financial flexibility
 for anything less than a true star is bad business in the NBA... >>