What what what?!?

>>>Clearly, Ainge could have traded Antoine for Kobe or T-Mac or
someone like that, but Ainge was determined to take the worst deal
available. Or he could have held onto Antoine and let him opt out after
this season to walk away for nothing, .. . .

Mark B, did I read this right or did you actually mean what you wrote here?  normally I agree with 99.9999 percent of what you write but this statement seems a bit absurd.  Ainge was determined to make the worst deal?  I don't think anyone is that stupid because if we could have had Kobe or T-Mac for Walker, then anyone would have pulled the trigger on that deal.  the rest of the league knew that Walker was not a true franchise player worth franchise dollars and that his numbers on the Celtics (except for his rebounding) were inflated so Danny took what he could get.  Hindsight is always 20/20 because we probably could have got Abdur Rahim for Walker but at the time, even the Hawks did not want Walker which tells you something about Melonhead #8.  Frankly I think the Raef deal was a fair one because the player stats do not tell how talented Raef really is in terms of skill and hoops IQ.  On Dallas he hardly played a full game with that loaded starting lineup and I would be willing to
 bet if Raef had as many touches on the ball as Toine or as many minutes, his numbers would be comparable to Toine's.  I think people were too caught up with Walkers stats and disliked the deal based on those numbers.  Anyway this argument is old history so I won't rehash it.  As for Danny, I think he's doing a fine job and that the team will get better as they make adjustments.   Carroll is defintely a better in-game coach than Obie and if they make the playoffs and upset someone in the first round, I wouldn't mind seeing him stay for a little bit.

Ryan
Yahoo! Search - Find what youre looking for faster.