Re: Scott Martin Can't Stand Danny Ainge

>It's funny how people's perceptions about a player change when he no longer
plays for their favorite team.

Well the perceptions that this guy is a "sports" writer won't even happen.
What a hack.

>"Then Ainge had the nerve to say "I think the playoffs are great for the
players, coaches and fans, but I'm not going to lie about it. For the long
term part of this, it's obviously better for us to get a higher draft pick.
That's the truth."

If he's honest he has nerve, if he is less then honest he's all spin.  Any
wonder why the NE media is somewhat frozen out?

>"Weren't Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer high draft picks? What good are
they to the Celtics right now? None."

Darn that Ainge trading those guys away ... .  What good reporting analysis!

>"Apparently winning, something the Celtics used to be known for, is second
behind Ainge's ego."

Wow, I guess Ainge refused to validate his parking.  To think, a Dir. of
Basketball giving consideration to salary caps, contracts, style of
basketball, the expansion draft, the upcoming draft and future trade pieces
instead of letting the people who traded Billups and Mercer to continue to
run the team that was not going to win anything, without input.  Ego?

It's a plus for Ainge that this guy doesn't like him.

<Jim

Hey, it's Danny Ainge not John Kerry. Get your priorities straight....

Scott Martin
Maine Today.com

 Speaking of people who don't get it, maybe in five years, if the Celtics
win an NBA title, I'll love Danny Ainge, but right now, I can't stand the
guy.
Ainge took over as executive director of basketball operations for the
Boston Celtics during the playoffs last season and since has done absolutely
nothing to help the Celtics become a better team. In fact, he has turned a
playoff team into a lottery team. He traded away their second best player
(Antoine Walker), the heart of the team (Eric Williams) and one of their
best defensive players (Tony Battie), among others, and in return got Ricky
Davis (overrated), Chris Mihm (OK on the glass), Jiri Welsch (a decent
shooting guard) and Raef LaFrentz (injured). Paul Pierce and Walter McCarty
are the only holdovers from last year.
That's unacceptable.
Then Ainge had the nerve to say "I think the playoffs are great for the
players, coaches and fans, but I'm not going to lie about it. For the long
term part of this, it's obviously better for us to get a higher draft pick.
That's the truth."
Wasn't Antoine Walker a high draft pick? Weren't Chauncey Billups and Ron
Mercer high draft picks? What good are they to the Celtics right now? None.
They were all traded away.
Ainge didn't want just any good team, he wants the Celtics to be his team.
He wanted to be the man to build the Celtics back into winners. The team
that former coach Jim O'Brien and former GM Chris Wallace built wasn't good
enough, because it wasn't Ainge's. Apparently winning, something the Celtics
used to be known for, is second behind Ainge's ego.
 It's funny how people's perceptions about a player change when he no longer
plays for their favorite team.

---