Re: wolves game

----- Original Message -----
From: "ryan nelson"

> Thanks to ESPN I was able to catch the C's last night and I had a few
> comments:
>
> 1.  is the NBA really that bad?  Wow, I have never seen so many missed
> open jumpers by both teams.  Banks looked like he was trying to break
> the basket on one play.

The League is pathetic with plenty of blame to go around. Like over
expansion, guaranteed contracts and refs. Now I can see a shortgage of
players, but refs?

> 2.  jiri was awesome in the second half.  He ran, he passed (I assume
> everybody saw blount drop a pass for a layup), and played decent D.  It
> was contagious.

The pride of Danny Ainge.

> 3.  I liked the way Carroll worked the subs and I was biggest anti-obie
> person because he was the worst in-game coach ever.  I liked the fact
> that carroll changed his starters in the second half and went with what
> he thought were the hot hands.  As much as I wanted to see Hunter in the
> second half, I give carroll credit for sticking with combinations that
> were working (well maybe not so well in the third).  Why change
> something if it is going well?  The only criticism is that I would have
> liked to see him take Pierce out for a few minutes and let him gather
> himself (although he was rebounding well).

Anyone would and is better than OB. Pierce was out for awhile with 2 fouls.
Taking nothing away from Pierce, his talent has  been oversold.

> 4.  What is the deal with Pierce?  What has happened to him?  Not only
> did he shoot horribly, but he took terrible shots.  None within the flow
> of the offense.  It's like we had two different teams on the court,
> Pierce and then the other 4 players.  I am starting to worry about Paul.
> Two years ago he had that fire/drive and you could see it.  I remember
> when Tommy Heinsohn said he was the best "scorer" the Celtics ever had
> and I actually had to stop and think if that was true.  Now it is easily
> dismissable.  He is more Dominique now than Havlicek or bird.  What can
> carroll do to get Pierce back to being Pierce other than maybe benching
> him?

Pierce must owe Tommy some dough to make a statement like that. There's a
long line of past Celtic players in front of Pierce.