Re: Tanking? HELL NO!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "R Howe"

> Great win last nite. I tuned in because after watching the Celts regroup
and come together to string 4 wins in a row against teams that were hurting
or worse than us, I wanted to see how we would look against one of the best
in the league. I did not think our previous wins would translate to Victory
against the Wolves. I was pleasently surprised and have officially switched
over from tank to get a chance at the Ping Pong tourney to going for as many
wins and the best playoff seed possible. If Carrol and the C's do not want
to throw in the towel then good for them and I am all for it.

Yep, I want to see how we do against Indy, Detroit or NJ.

> The game started out like our C's were going to be wolf food, but they
hung around and adjusted. If you told me that Pierce would hoist up as many
clanks as he did last nite, and that we would be outrebounded as badly as we
did (Thanks Waltah) while in the wolves den and still come out with the
Win..... NO WAY, just one of those nites, But the C's are finding ways how
to win in the last qtr during this streak, a very good sign.

I'm no  Waltah fan but he 3 times stopped the momentum when the Wolves tried
to break things open.

> My only citisism of Carrol is that he still plays Waltah too much, as I
have expressed before I do not think that Waltah should see any PF playing
time, Blount, Mihm, Hunter should form the C/PF rotation with Perkins
getting some spot Mins. If he wants to use Waltah use him at limited mins at
the 3 spot where he might cause some matchup problems for certain small
forwards.

We probably don't win without Waltah.

> As far as tanking, I thought they should have before the streak started,
they were at the 6th  lottery spot with a chance to get to the 5th spot, But
I am now in favor of going as far as they can go, Develop momentum into the
draft and into next season with the young core group on hand. Sort of like
devloping a young college squad in the NIT (EC playoffs equiv) to make a
push for the next season. And if you make the Playoffs who knows anything
can happen. GO Celts, lets get on the bandwagon (tricycle at this point) and
ride it into the Playoffs!

Without a strong center it doesn't look like Hunter will thrive
(score)against better teams with big guys. He's going to need a jumper
somewhere along the line.
If you want to make the playoffs we'll have to bank on Waltah making some
3's.

Note: we played so poorly offensively in the 1st half I think it took the
Wolves out of their style. They caught it like a bad rash. Nice win but very
ugly. Hope we don't start looking like Knick games.

DanF