From: "Pereira, Jorge M" <jpereira@xxxxxxxx>
To: <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 12:56 PM
Subject: RE: Ainge WEEI Comments Today

> From Jorge Pereira - Jpereira@xxxxxxxx

> lottery draft or another superstar is a requirement to achieve his vision.
> First, the Kings don't have that. They have a lot of above average players
but
> they don't have a Duncan or Shaq. (Of course, they haven't won anything
either.)
> But the Kings never finished in the lottery to gain a player. (Please
don't
> start an arguement of how good you think Webber, Pedja or Bibby are. That
> weren't that good when the Kings traded for them and none of the them are
top 10
> Players.>>>>>
> ------
> I think Ainge has a little more breathing room now and is able to say some
of the things people want to hear (superstar) , without losing track of what
he really wants.  There is a confusion of terms here.  Impact player does
not necessarily mean an established "everybody's all-star", a la McReady or
Iverson which no one in their right mind would want in this team.  One of
those is enough, 2 is a crowd.  Besides, Jordan and Pippen may not have won
in today's basketball.  Ainge's design may be more "today" and more durable,
dynastic.  An impact player, by that I think he means someone young and
upandcoming (a la Josh Howard) who would fit well and improve a good thing.)

> Maybe you should be Ainge's spokesman.  That's the most clear explanation
of his vision and its progress I've heard.