Ainge's comments

I think that Ainge had a breaking in period where he was slow to learn that his coaching staff were different than he anticipated.  The Songaila comment is interesting.  Ainge took the word of the staff (maybe Wallace included?) that Songaila couldn't make it; for a second round choice exiled to Europe, I'm not surprised that Ainge didn't know anything about him.  As it turned out, our #56 is a godsend, making up for the loss of Songaila.  But the boss shouldn't let his staff convince him of a player he hasn't seen and approved of himself.

His comments, to me, furthered the idea that we will have Paul Westphal as coach.  This flurry of team cohesion and optimism might make it easier to sell that option.  Team leaders are emerging--Adkins, Davis, and perhaps Hunter.  How about that?  Trade one glue guy and get several in return.

He accepts that we need a stackpole guy.  I don't.  We might have him in diapers on the bench.  He might be a composite of Hunter/Mihm/Raef.  Like Sacramento, it might be a team thing, not a Shaq type thing.

He also said that #6 and #15 might not make a big difference.  I think he has his eye on a sleeper, development type guy for the draft.  Hope so.  Cheers, Gene
Yahoo! Search - Find what youre looking for faster.