Re: How long

The fact that Murphy is starting to question why didn't Obie give Hunter a
chance earlier when they were hurting so bad at power forward may show that the
tide has finally turned on the Obie lovefest....

DJessen33

<< Both Boston papers have now done the obligatory "Should the Celtics be
 trying to win" stories now. I admit to being conflicted ... though can
 we all agree that playoffs or no playoffs, lottery or no lottery, we
 want to finish ahead of the Knicks and that nitwit Isiah?

 My question is, how long before the Boston media dweebs come out with
 the "John Carroll is doing such a great job, the Celtics should give him
 a long-term contract" stories? I'm guessing if they beat Washington
 Friday, for a four-game win streak, that will do it.

 Will this come before or after  the "Celtics must give Mark Blount
 whatever he wants, up to and including the maximum" stories. Blount did
 have a pretty fantastic game last night -- doesn't seem to be a
 coincidence that he's suddenly a rebounder now that Brandon Hunter is
 playing. He seems to have both more fire on the boards and more room to
 operate.

 It will, of course, take much longer (2-3 years?) for anyone to write a
 story that, hey, Ricky Davis is a better player than Eric Williams.

 STEVE O >>