Re: 1 question and 1 observation

At 09:43 PM 3/1/2004, Shawn Niles wrote:
Mark Blount. Did he finally get over his Obie fixation and decide to play? Or is he still upset at the C's and figures since he is leaving that he should go all out for the last 20 games and try and get a big contract?

Some of the latter I expect even if he isn't sure yet he's leaving, but also he is someone who needs to be motivated. May have been given an effective pep talk, but even more importantly - I expect the recent minutes and applause for Hunter plays into it too. He had a similar surge of effort to his game back when Mihm started getting noticeable minutes. While as someone else pointed out, he also has teammates setting him up, where before any offense was basically as an outlet or accidental option.

Kim