Re: playoffs?

>>>my point is even if we get the 5th, 6th or 7th pick there is no guarantee
that you can't get a better player further down -- the key is drafting well
wherever you pick AND a bit of luck <<<<<

                        My thoughts exactly Mark.  The thing that scares me
about this draft is there are so many high schoolers that are supposed to be
first round locks.  But in the positions we need to fill, how much help could
they possibly be to us?  A high school point guard coming in and contributing
right away?  I don't think so. And everyone knows that big men always take
longer to pan out.  Look at Chicago.  There is no doubt that both Curry and
Chandler are talented big men.  But it's been three years and neither one of them
have been able to play consistently good ball. Jermain O'Neal took years to
develop.  Stoudemire may be the exception to the rule, but even he hasn't been very
consistent and the Suns aren't exactly taking the league by storm.  Besides,
we already have one high schooler sitting on the bench waiting his turn. We
can't afford two or three.  We need more immediate help.  I don't see us moving
up enough to get one of the big name college kids. They are the closest to
sure things we will find in this draft. I don't see any teams passing on them,
even Chicago.  I know Danny has had his eyes on one European player in
particular.  Hopefully he's picked a good one this time around.  We luck out and
Danny's able to get his man and it's someone that has enough experience overseas
that he comes in ready to contribute.  With three-first round picks and some
bargaining power, I don't think we have to tank in order to make that work.

                                      If you ask me you never want a young
team to get too used to losing.  You want to keep them motivated and working
hard towards a goal that they believe is within their grasp.
TAM