Re: Boston moves up some more

That's the thing. This year is really interesting. The difference
between making the playoffs and missing them likely will be 6-7 spots in
the draft order. That's huge. You're going from a top seven pick to the
14th pick. Normally, if you're the last team out of the playoffs, you're
looking at a pick in the 11-13 range and that's not enough of a
difference to justify losing. But this year ... I'm sorry, but I'm
rooting for them to play well every time, for Hunter, Atkins and
(hopefully) Kendrick to play well down the stretch, and for them to miss
the playoffs. They still need more talent, and that top-seven pick might
be the ticket. Plus, if you're seventh going into the lottery, you have
a decent chance of moving up into the top three. Not a good chance, but
it's not miniscule. Imagine this team with an Emeka Okafor.

I know most don't want to hear it, but I think the greater good would be
served by missing the playoffs.

Mark

This years' playoffs is a booby prize, as the guy in the Herald
said today.  If the Celtics are lucky enough to lose many more
games, they will be rewarded with a top-six pick.  The last one
we had netted us Antoine Walker.  The ninth pick that same year
(one of the best ever) was Kerry Kittles.  Only a few games
separated the teams that picked both players....That is the reward for
a little timely losing in the NBA.