Danny's got the biggest ones

Wowsie, Wowsaaas. Danny's got the biggest pair I have ever seen. Here there
is a chance that we could still finish as high as 6 or seventh and make the
playoffs getting the short termers off his back, somewhere where most of the
predicters predicted anyways and he still would prefer that they lose and get a
better pick. If so, I would recommend that Danny grab Carrolls ear and twist it
until he starts giving Kendrick some time along with eliminating Walter's
time. Mihm got minimal minutes yesterday also and why play JJ at this point? Then
if we win when you are giving the young guys time, so be it.....

DJessen33

<TORONTO - Despite their own worst intentions - uh, the way they played (term
used loosely) in Chicago, for example - the Celtics are still very much in
the playoff race. Which begs a large question:

     Is it better to have playoffed and lost or never to have playoffed at
all? Are the Celts better off taking a lottery ticket or getting into the
postseason for what would almost assuredly be a brief visit?

     Danny Ainge, being totally honest about the situation, is conflicted.

     ``That's a tough question,'' the director of basketball operations said.

     ``I think the playoffs are great for the players, coaches and fans, but
I'm not going to lie about it. For the long-term part of this it's obviously
better for us to get a higher draft pick.

     ``That's just the truth.''

     But don't go looking for Ainge to make the Celts wear 30-pound flak
jackets or bench Paul Pierce [news] or anything of the sort.

     ``You have to understand how much I hate to lose,'' Ainge said. ``I'd
never do anything that would purposely hurt us on the court.

     ``The things we've done this year are to make us better, or set
ourselves up to get better, in the long run. We want to contend for a championship,
not just be in the playoffs for a round or two.''

     Though he expected the Celtics to have a better record at this stage of
his first season in charge, Ainge insists he is well aware of the effect some
of his moves have had on his team's overall win total.

     ``I understand that it's good for your players to get playoff
experience,'' he said, ``but I'd rather take a hit on that if it means getting us better
players so we can get to the postseason and then make a serious run.'' >