My first suggestion for Danny's Chris Mills trade

OK. Danny wants to acquire a wide-bodied rebounder and a veteran point
guard. He would like to make one of those acquisitions by trading Chris
Mills, the other by signing someone to the mid-level exception this
summer.

Here's my suggested target for a Mills trade: Memphis point guard Jason
Williams.

He's signed to basically a mid-level exception type contract for the
next four years. He's an up-tempo point guard who can really pass and
shoot. He's not the best defender, but he's not terrible. He has the
personality to stand up to Paul Pierce. He knows how to run an offense.

I've always been a fan of this kid as a player. His fancy passing, which
drove coaches crazy, I think was a big key to Sacramento's emergence a
few years ago. It was infectious. Everyone on that team was looking to
pass after Williams started it. He's learned better control under Hubie
Brown.

Is he available? He used to be. Memphis wanted out of that long-term
deal in order to be a free agent player. They have Earl Watson and Troy
Bell, so they can afford to deal him. Maybe Mills and a pick for
Williams?

That's my first shot. Thoughts?

By the way, I think Ainge probably is working on a Rasheed Wallace deal.
I'd be surprised if he wasn't. Rasheed is a great fit at the PF spot for
the Celtics. I don't see a good match there, unless a package featuring
Mills' expiring deal, another salary(ies) and Marcus Banks was involved.
If the Blazers really wanted Banks, they might do it. I don't think they
have a lot of attractive offers at this point. Not sure how I'd feel
about 'Sheed. He's a nut. He'd be hard to root for. I guess I hope it
doesn't happen, but I could be talked into it if he came over here and
played as hard as Ricky has.

Mark