RE: ''You wonder where Ainge is taking the Celtics'' - MacMullan (Globe)

--- You wrote:
Nobody expected us to win the Finals that year but we did feel we
could beat New Jersey.
--- end of quote ---

Wrongly, as has been proved again and again.

--- You wrote:
I wouldn't have wanted obie's job for anything with all the crap the front
office did to him.
--- end of quote ---

Sure you would have - for 2 million, coaching the greatest basketball franchise
in the world?

--- You wrote:
What we see on the TV is not even the tip of the iceberg
that goes on behind the scenes. If you can't respect him for his
accomplishments that's your prerogative.
--- end of quote ---

I respect him for his accomplishments, but not for his mule-headed resistance
to playing exciting, team basketball. He is just what the NBA doesn't need,
though several teams that are currently in disarray may disagree. I'm pretty
sure that watching a team coached by Obie will never again be the way I want to
spend 2.5 hours.
Kestas