Celtics vs. Nets

Not a pretty sight today.  I'm guessing most of you were affected by the
blackout -- lucky you.  I was unfortunate enough to attend.  Celtics had
absolutely no cohesion at either end of the floor.  Way too many easy
inside looks and second chances for the Nets.  Having McCarty play the 4
is a mistake in any game, but he made Kenyon Martin look like the best
player in the league today.  Don't get too excited about Hunter's line,
because the Nets abused him too.  I still have hope for him, though.

Offensively, the Cs were largely out of sync.  A couple of times they woke
up and realized that Mihm had good position on the block; I think he
converted every time they got it to him down low.  Banks looked pretty
good when he wasn't getting whistled for ticky-tack fouls.  (To be fair,
the refs were very quick with the whistle on both ends -- Marcus should
have recognized that.)

About the only bright spot was the continued good play of Ricky Davis.
Although he took a couple of hurried shots and was out of position a
couple of times on defense, he certainly had company in those departments,
and otherwise he was both effective and fun to watch.  At one point
Ricky's defender (Jefferson, I think) had him completely locked up on the
wing; he was on the verge of falling out of bounds and looked as though he
was going to try to swing the ball to the top of the circle.  Instead, he
managed to whip the ball around Jefferson inside to a cutting Mihm, who
got an easy lay-in.  Cousy would've been proud.

Pierce was right in the post-game interview.  Right now the Nets have a
better team.  I think there's hope for the future with this bunch, but
they need time -- and good coaching.

Michael Gooen