RE: Pierce And Mihm Refute Rick D's Rebounding Assertion

Yes, McCarty getting the minutes he's getting is ridiculous, however he
"fits" Harter's system.  I'm not quite sure the slow afoot Kendrick
Perkins does, nor do I think he or Hunter has the experience to play
defense the way O'Brien wants it played. That is the trade off, playing
potentially good rebounding big men like Hunter, Mihm and Perkins
altering the defensive schemes to put them in position to succeed, or
playing McCarty extensive minutes because he can play the defensive
scheme and "stretch" the opposing defenses so Paul Pierce can go one on
one.

Playing Perkins, Mihm and Hunter extensive minutes would mean altering
the defensive schemes or waiting a season or two until they get it.  I'd
prefer they lose O'Brien as soon as possible to remedy the situation.

On another note, can you imagine Shaquille O'Neal, Yao, or Ilgauskas
trying to consistently blitz the point guard and then get back to
rebound the basketball.  Harter would end up with O'Neal's foot in his
backside.

ravi