Re: call me crazy, but...

Josh wrote:

I think we should keep Vin.   If he stays
sober, he gives us the low-post scoring
we desperately need; if he hits the bottle,
we are free and clear of his contract.  It's
crazy to trade him right now.

Josh, I agree with the conclusion. But he's not going to give the Celtics anything. How could they possibly send him out there? How can you look the other guys in the eyes and ask them to trust this guy again? Personally, I say bury him and forget about him. Wait for his contract to come off the books, be voided, or buy him out. The only way anyone would trade for the guy now is if they were dumping a longer-term contract, and that shouldn't be an option for the Celtics.

Wallace screwed the franchise with the 2001 draft and the Baker contract. We're still recovering from the draft debacle. Now we just have to wait out the Baker mistake. The only question is if the end will come at the term of the contract, through a buyout after the season, or via termination.

There's no upside for the Celtics in a trade. None. They'd have to sweeten any deal with draft picks or valuable players, and/or take back bad long-term contracts. No, no, no.

Mark