Celtics Win

It's been a while since we've been able to say that.  It didn't come easy
and it's not going to be in the foreseeable future; but, for tonight, I can
go to sleep knowing that the team won by more merit than luck this time
around.

As it's a matter of checks and balances, I owe the team some positive
feedback further to my previous accusation that the team did not give 100
percent; and that luck played a big hand in what few successes there have
been of late.  I still subscribe to that belief but I'm open to be convinced
otherwise and tonight was a good start.

As far as heroes go, Paul Pearce really showed some leadership in this game.
As I have said, as Paul goes, so does the Celtics.  Blount played quite a
lunch bucket game and had the key basket putting in a Pearce miss.  My vote
goes however to Ricky Davis because he was the one who put his selfish game
aside the most and made the good passes and got the rebounds that put the
team in position to win.  He still had some moments when he started an
offensive move and tried to bale out once he remembered that he was a Celtic
now; but, so does Paul and Pearce never was a Cavellier.

Concerns: there are many.  Apart from the obvious, rebounding, I just wonder
what happened to that running, fast-breaking, style that Danny wanted.  It
seems that the Celtic offence tries to get the ball as far away from the
offensive goal as possible in as much time as allowed so that once the shot,
3-pointer of course, clanged off the rim, the team wouldn't have to run as
far back to their defensive end to get in position.  It seems to me that if
the team isn't going to get the rebound anyway, it's better that they don't
get it under the opposing hoop than their own.  Lose the 3 and start going
inside.

Well, Celtics win and that's good enough for me this Tuesday night.

Richard Quan

Email:     r.quan@xxxxxxxxxx
           richardq@xxxxxxxxxx
MSN:       r.quan@xxxxxxxxxx