Re: Bill Simmons Unloads On Ainge, Celtics Writers, Baker, Walker Trade

< He's got a point about the Celtics coverage, though. However, I think it's
not that they don't pay attention, it's that they don't report or publicly
question what they see. Too "embedded", I guess. > - Kestas

Dead on once again, Kestas.  The fan has every right to know about these
matters ... even before they are officially confirmed.  The local <embeddees
should not have avoided bringing up the suspected truth behind Baker's
recent floor play. They should have been right in there filing juicy column
after column, piquing fan interest with reputation-destroying speculation
and innuendo.  I mean, despite Baker and the BT denying the allegations,
why wait for the test results to come back positive or the suspension to
be announced before feeling free to <''fess up?<''   Boring, boring reporting
too little too late.  Who cares about after the fact(s) coverage?
And Mike Gorman and Tommy should have given us a few hints, too,
maybe with something like:
    <''Tommy, will you give Vinny a Tommy point if he can stop
    drinking again.<''