From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Steve Brown
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 3:49 PM
To: Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: The Off-Season: The Baker Buyout

This is a difficult situation for the Celtics and Vin Baker.  Like most,
blasted Vin Baker all last season for being the most overpaid player I
have
ever witnessed, and like most I jumped on his back to support him at the

beginning of this season.  Now I am just rooting for Vin the man.  It
hurts
to know he is still max out for a few more years yes, but that comes
with
the territory in today's NBA and after last year's performance I came to

grips with the financial complications his contract brings.  But now I
am
hoping that Vin Baker gets his life together, buyout or no buyout.  I
hope
that one day in the future I can watch SportsCenter and they have a 5
min
feature on how Vin Baker has gotten his life together and has made it
his
life's mission to help others.  In time's like these you hope he finds
the
book, whatever form that might be you hope he develops a love of self
and
compassion for others....

On to other Celts stuff....

The last few games it seems that O'B has used Banks extensible in the
third
quarter, almost like he forgets about James, or he just likes what he
sees....

Again the not playing of Hunter irks me a little but as Ive written
before
it might be a Pats Michael Bishop thing....but I am still calling for
Hunter
to get his shot he did lead the NCAA in rebounfing last year.

I have all but given up on Jurmaine Jones too, he reminds me of another
recent Patriot WR Donald Hays, he just has that sort of feel to him....

Mihm is an upgrade over Battie, and he is an upgrade over Blount too, I
don't know what happened to Battie (knee?) but from the Conference
Finals
run to last month he wasn't the same....Im also not going to miss how he

would pretend to get fouled everytime he did get a rebound, Danny
Fortson,
and Andrew Declerq never did that....

This upcoming draft is going to be interesting for the C's how far ahead
is
DA's master plan? ....if we draft a euro or high school player we know
we
have to wait a few more years and how will employee number 34 feel about

that.....

I can not believe the Ricky Davis I have been seeing out there....He is
playing with more energy than any player this side of Chris Mihm...He
plays
defense and rebounds, but where is the scoring....I know OB has them
running
the passing offense but Davis should be able to find his shots....I just

don't like when those shots come from posting up other players , he
seems to
lose consciousness of other teammates when he is on the blocks ala Kevin

McHale....

And Finally...Waltah.....What is his position?.....A man with out one
position is a man not good enough for one position....If he is a small
forward shouldn't he be able to drive past centers and power forwards
when
they guard him...if he is a 4 or a 5 should he be able to post smaller
guys
like EWill used to....and if he is a 4 or a 5 why does he take 12 3's in
game.....

Here's to beating the Magic....

Steve

Enjoy a special introductory offer for dial-up Internet access  limited

time only! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup