RE: The Off-Season: The Baker Buyout

This is a difficult situation for the Celtics and Vin Baker. Like most, I blasted Vin Baker all last season for being the most overpaid player I have ever witnessed, and like most I jumped on his back to support him at the beginning of this season. Now I am just rooting for Vin the man. It hurts to know he is still max out for a few more years yes, but that comes with the territory in today's NBA and after last year's performance I came to grips with the financial complications his contract brings. But now I am hoping that Vin Baker gets his life together, buyout or no buyout. I hope that one day in the future I can watch SportsCenter and they have a 5 min feature on how Vin Baker has gotten his life together and has made it his life's mission to help others. In time's like these you hope he finds the book, whatever form that might be you hope he develops a love of self and compassion for others....

On to other Celts stuff....

The last few games it seems that O'B has used Banks extensible in the third quarter, almost like he forgets about James, or he just likes what he sees....

Again the not playing of Hunter irks me a little but as Ive written before it might be a Pats Michael Bishop thing....but I am still calling for Hunter to get his shot he did lead the NCAA in rebounfing last year.

I have all but given up on Jurmaine Jones too, he reminds me of another recent Patriot WR Donald Hays, he just has that sort of feel to him....

Mihm is an upgrade over Battie, and he is an upgrade over Blount too, I don't know what happened to Battie (knee?) but from the Conference Finals run to last month he wasn't the same....Im also not going to miss how he would pretend to get fouled everytime he did get a rebound, Danny Fortson, and Andrew Declerq never did that....

This upcoming draft is going to be interesting for the C's how far ahead is DA's master plan? ....if we draft a euro or high school player we know we have to wait a few more years and how will employee number 34 feel about that.....

I can not believe the Ricky Davis I have been seeing out there....He is playing with more energy than any player this side of Chris Mihm...He plays defense and rebounds, but where is the scoring....I know OB has them running the passing offense but Davis should be able to find his shots....I just don't like when those shots come from posting up other players , he seems to lose consciousness of other teammates when he is on the blocks ala Kevin McHale....

And Finally...Waltah.....What is his position?.....A man with out one position is a man not good enough for one position....If he is a small forward shouldn't he be able to drive past centers and power forwards when they guard him...if he is a 4 or a 5 should he be able to post smaller guys like EWill used to....and if he is a 4 or a 5 why does he take 12 3's in a game.....

Here's to beating the Magic....

Steve

Enjoy a special introductory offer for dial-up Internet access  limited time only! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup