Starbury?

I don't know that I'd rush off to crown the Knicks
just yet ... yeah, they have a backcourt rotation of
Marbury, Houston and Penny, but their starting
frontcourt of Van Horn, Mutombo and Thomas is middling
at best. They should hope Mike Sweetney starts to show
signs of life now that McDyess and Weatherspoon are
gone. More to the point, for all his glossy numbers
has Marbury ever really made a team better? He's
played a grand total of 14 playoff games. When Jersey
replaced him with Kidd, they went straight to the
Finals.

I don't know that I wouldn't have tried to hang onto
McDyess and move Thomas instead ... Dice has played
well since coming off his injury. Course, I guess he
had to be in the deal to make the numbers work.

Ironic, isn't it, that McDyess is back in Phoenix.
When he jumped ship for Denver, it kind of set off the
chain reaction that ended up with the Suns dealing
Kidd for Marbury. I do wonder, though, if Ainge will
consider making some kind of backcourt move now that
two of the league's strongest, most talented PGs are
in his division.

I'd be friggin outraged if I were a Phoenix fan. They
get Stoudamire back and they still have terrific
talent at four spots. Now here comes Howard Eisley
leading the break, woo hoo!