RE: "inaccurate" "cheap shots"

WOW! Talk about knickers in a twist...

And to think that after reading the messages that came after your first post
I initially felt bad about having mentioned JJ (who--contrary to your
multiple, emphatic denials--WAS drafted by Wallace and coached by Obie along
with Kedrick and Forte).

I can understand if you get upset about people being unfairly blamed, since
that was precisely the point of my previous post -- Ainge was NOT blaming
Obie, or anyone in particular; hence your response unfairly blamed Ainge.
The framing of the quotes made it seem otherwise, but if you read the actual
quote you can see Ainge wasn't saying anything with regard to his philosophy
that he hasn't said since he rejoined the Cs.

I thought I made it quite clear that it was obviously the reporter that
framed the quotes, in fact I wrote that: >>that "interpretation" was
interpolated into the quote by the reporter.<<

I thought you were guilty of swallowing the frame, running with it, but
creating it? Are you writing for the Boston sportspages now? If so,
congratulations!

As for far too much talk about "40 minutes" -- what are YOU talking about?
Ainge restates for the umpteenth time his philosophy of developing young
players for the future, and tosses off a comment about 40 minutes. Well, we
could count the number of times it has happened (and that would still fall
under Obie's watch, contrary to your claim) but I thought we could all agree
that the basic point Ainge was trying to make is that one should not lavish
excessive minutes on players who are tapped out in terms of potential and
development. Now we could make a fetish of the number 40 and say that 39
minutes for Waltah and zero for Hunter are fine, but would that really be in
keeping with the spirit of Ainge's comments? Am I somehow terribly twisting
things by pointing out the difference between arguing (as you did) on the
narrow basis of the "letter" of a single comment rather than on the "spirit"
of Ainge's remarks?

My attempt to acknowledge that factoring in time for player development was
the basic point of Ainge's comments is far different from the type of
twisting that was done to Ainge's quotes, making them seem as if he were
directly blaming Obie and Obie alone for the failure to develop players for
the past six years. (I guess Ainge isn't the only one to have his quotes
twisted lately, given Bulpett's gloss on Ricky D it seems that Paul has been
victimized too.) After all, why else would Ainge mention Chauncey if he were
really trying--as you so readily assumed--to pin all of this on Obie? And
no, I don't think you can blame it on Ainge's brain turning off because he
was "pissed."

So even though you're the one slamming Ainge for "cheap shots" and being
"inaccurate" (yes, I consider those "slams," what do you consider
them--praise?), you can't even be bothered to understand what Ainge actually
said.

And yet--somehow--you're the injured party? And I'm biased?

*shrug*

You can mow down all the strawmen you want ("the Cs owners are the most
credible people on earth about everything," "I didn't distort or frame his
quotes")--hey, whatever floats your boat... but it won't change the facts of
the matter--you jumped all over Ainge ("inaccurate" "cheap shots") for
things he simply did not say.

And please, you don't need to concern yourself over whether I can handle
"the way most people on this board talk." I enjoy the clash of opinions,
particularly when they are accurate and well reasoned.

I would suggest, therefore, that before you start slamming other people for
having "delicate sensibilities," you take a deep breath, calm down and turn
your brain back on. <g>