Warning--Beagle Playoff Math in use!!

Basking in the glow of the C's win over the Raptors, I looked up our
remaining regular-season schedule and noticed something interesting.

We have fifteen games against teams in the EC.  Eight against teams with
winning records.  Right now, the Cavs are ahead of us and we don't play
them again this season, absent playoffs.  But we play the Raptors again on
Sunday.  We also play the Sixers one more time.

We play the Hawks twice and the Wizards three times.  Now, I realize that
the C's in the past have had a tendency to blow games against lesser teams,
but I think these guys won't do that.

We also play the Heat twice, and I like our chances.

A playoff spot is by no means a lock--we also have to play some tough WC
teams, including the residents of blah-blah land, where we hopefully won't
have Michael Henderson officiating.

But the thing is, if the team builds on it's effort tonight--and, absent
the horrendous free throw shooting, last game--they have a chance.  Not a
great chance, but I'm by no means ready to call it a season.  I've made my
devastatingly low opinion of tanking known before, I won't bore you with a
rehash.

But it just doesn't matter how reasonable, logical, and sensible the
advocates of tanking make it sound, it's not right.

I'm still rooting for #17 THIS year, and nothing will stop me until there's
no games left.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle