Re: last one...

OK, I can't tell if it's supposed to be sarcasm or if you're serious, Egg. Hunter at the 5???????? The man is listed at 6'7", and we all know how NBA listed heights work (let's put it this way, I don't look up to Marcus Banks). Yes, I know about Cowens, but the league is consistantly bigger now and while he'll bang back, against any halfway decent regular sized center, he's a post up begging to happen. While despite his power and leap, he's likely to get regularly stuffed on offense, continually being guarded by 7 footers (I want him inside on offense in position for badly needed rebounding, I don't want him imitating Bill Lambeer taking iffy outside jumpers to get around that). Er, no. Let's not set the kid up for total failure now that he's had a very nice debut as a starter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eggcentric@xxxxxxx
Sent: Feb 26, 2004 2:33 PM
To: markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: last one...

< and maybe we get a better shot off if the goal is to drive and look for
a put back -- there was still 4 seconds on the clock. > MarkP

But only about 2 seconds left when Atkins mistakenly passed the ball off to
Walter who was pretty well covered with no other option but to shoot it.

No question, Ainge must finish the job and get rid of the remaining
deadwood - the useless McCarty, the "I can't catch anything" 20-10 Blount
(replacing him with Hunter at the five), and of course, the out of control
Pierce. Not until then will we see the new Celtics emerge.