Re: Ford: GMs say Pierce no longer untouchable

Ah, the inevitable and obligatory Trade Pierce debate.
 Who didn't see this coming?  We need more meta-list
banter (it would be infinitely more enjoyable than
talking C's), btw.

I'm not even going to speak out on this (because I'm
on a self-imposed silent crusade until we win another
game), but it's pretty sad when Mark identifies the
silver lining of the season as being that we "learned
something about Pierce."

You know what I learned?  How not to run a franchise.
How to bad mouth players as they head out of town, how
to alienate co-workers (and, not to mention,
fans)...but I didn't learn a thing about Pierce, other
than how to make him look really bad.

Simple fact: people need to be put in a position to
succeed (yeah, I'm thinking that's Ainge's job
description).  Ainge has not done that for Pierce;
instead he's put him in a position to fail.  Then what
does he do when he fails?  He trades him (or at least
contemplates it) for 50 cents on the dollar.  Excuse
me while I kill myself....

Lastly, if we are trading Pierce, the only player I
accept is Kobe--post rape acquittal, of course.

Ryan

for.