Re: 2004 draft

On Feb 22, 2004, at 10:12 PM, John Lyell wrote:

Start getting ready! It appears to be a somewhat of a weak draft but there
are a lot of Euro's I have never heard of. Tiago Splitter or Damir
Omerhodzic maybe the next Nowitski or Gasol?

If we keep the picks landing 3 out of Jameer Nelson, Hakim Warrick, Josh
Childress Darius Rice, or Charlie Villanueva and the best Euro available
I could live with it although they are all prospects, but I like Nelson's
point skills better than Banks.

2004 Mock Drafts

http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp

http://www.hoopshype.com/draft.htm

http://probasketball.about.com/library/weekly/bl_mockdraft_a.htm

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-mock-draft.shtml

One interesting prospect would be if Ainge drafted another HS Center with the Dallas or Detroit pick. That way Perkins and he could go at each other every day in practice -- pushing each other.

My wish list -- this far out would be:

* a junior/senior PG (jameer nelson) or PF/C (Okafor) that would be able to step right in and contribute (a la Boozer, tinsley, Gooden, even Songaila -- how i wish we'd kept him, though he'd probably be languishing next to Hunter).

* a foriegn player who may or may not join the team this year (a la Stojakovic a few years bakc)

* a Perkins-like HS/College Frosh Center prospect -- can you really ever have too many of them? it insures against any one of them not panning out.

(the other) mark