Re: Smells like ML

On Feb 23, 2004, at 7:50 AM, Dan Forant wrote:

Yes, finally you boys are catching on. It is tanking. We are going to the
lottery for sure and by design. I just wish they would play the end of the
bench more regularly. Guess they can't make it look to blatant to tank.

DanF

This is just stupid though (i'm not directing that at you Dan, but whoever is making that decision - if in fact that's what's going on) -- losing breeds a losing attitude and all that. I really hope its ineptitude rather than tanking -- it just sends the absolute wrong message every time -- especially for young, impressionable players like Davis, Welsch, Banks, Perkins.

The really stupid thing is that my guess is that if you played Hunter, Banks, Mihm, Perkins all 20-30 mins a game you'd have the exact same results -- losses wise and thus lottery-wise -- in the short term (see Denver last year), but put yourself in a remarkably better position -- in terms of your young talent's experience -- in the long term (see Denver this year).

(the other) mark

----- Original Message ----- From: <Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx> To: <Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Cc: <celtics@xxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 6:59 AM Subject: Smells like ML

Forgot to mention the insanity of Mihm getting 10 rebounds before having
to take a seat with 3 minutes left in the first half and then getting
limited minutes the rest of the game. Smells like ML tanking to me....

DJessen33