Confusion on defense

This disconnect between what Danny says and what the coaching does is a killer. Carroll admits they don't practice the defense as much. PP says they are throwing the Obie defensive concepts out the window. It still looks like the Harter defense to me. Is it that the players are still running the Harter defense even though they are just supposed to be running a matchup zone? Are there a few other tweaks on the defense that are different from the Harter defense that Carroll has put in that is making it confusing for the veterans like PP, Blount and Walter who are used to Harter V1.0?

Like I have said before, Carroll should make it simple and just go to a man to man. I mean, somehow Seattle was able to run both a man-to-man and a zone last night. Why is it so foreign for us to run a man to man once in awhile? Also, he should always have a Mihm or a Hunter at power forward.

This game pretty much takes the cake for me. This defense and not playing a person as a traditional power forward, I can no longer stand to watch. If I lived in Boston, I wouldn't pay one cent for a ticket to a game until this changed. I mean, it is too disgusting. What are doing? Trashing the Celtic name to get a better draft pick in ML fashion? That is what John Saunders said last night on ESPN. If this Harter defense, version 2.0, it isn't working either. And not playing Hunter is atrocious....

DJessen33

<When asked about some of Pierce's specific criticisms about abandoning concepts taught during training camp, a lack of continuity on defense, and players not knowing what they should do on the court, Carroll added, "We talked about that. And I don't think that's true. But at the same time, if that's the way he feels, I need to talk to him about that. "What he meant was maybe we haven't worked on defense as much as we had in training camp because we've been trying to do a lot of things. With our basketball team, there's a lot of things to work on. >