Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Re: What hath Danny wrought?

My thinking right now is that Danny will use one pick to trade up (this time
he doesn't have to trade with another team with multiple picks) and the other
one is to draft a HSer. He can take the best player available at the later
pick and if he want to, take the HSer in the 2nd round. He actually can make a
promise to two high schoolers, promising to give them first round money like
Hunter got. All these picks really can give you a lot of flexibility for our
Danny, that silly moron .....

DJessen33

<< Right, but in all those cases, the OTHER team had to wait and see if
 the guy that THEY wanted fell to the team they proposed a trade with -
  pretty much a "gosh, I hope "X" isn't picked before my selection.
 Again, reality is not like many in think it to be. It's not the
 scenario of "I'll give you three picks #7, #22, and #24 for your #3"
 because there are few (if any) teams that can afford to take three
 first round rookies against their cap - it's just not usually
 feasible. Of course there are exceptions, but they are just that
 exceptions, while you see the "two #1s to move into the top 5 picks"
 all the time in the NFL (The Robertson pick by the Jets this year for
 example where they traded #10 and #21 or something along those lines
 for a #4) it just doesn't happen that often in the NBA. Not to
 mention the TREMENDOUS talent drop after pick #8 in the NBA(usually).
 GMs know that you don't waste those high picks trading down because
 the risk is too great the higher you go. Too much UUUUUUpside and not
 enough prOOOOven talent. >>