Re: Is it all worth it?

I don't know if it will work either, but I think everyone assuming it will take years and years into decades if it does is ignoring the importance of the confusion factor. What we have isn't championship calibre talent but looks much worse than it actually is because of how much confusion there is. There is complete cluelessness and a total lack of leadership on the court, as was highly evident last night when everyone was running around telling each other which pass they should have made and how oh, I though you were going to do this. That sort of problem would make a team of all stars look pretty bad. And that's on top of the inherent confusion that was planned/intended with the personnel changes, intended change in style (which I suppose you could say we've had, if not for the better), and of course the management changes. And that's without getting into other ones we don't know about.

I think if it ever does start to get pulled together to click (obviously not this season, but don't minimize the effect that just a bunch of concentrated camps and single messages out of management could have into next year), you might be amazed at how fast the improvement can accellerate. Again, not saying we're championship calibre talent right now, but it's not just the talent that brings winning. It's how you use it. And we're using it very very very badly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Giovanello <sgiovanello@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Feb 20, 2004 2:47 PM
To: Shawn Niles <shizzjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Eggcentric@xxxxxxx, Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Is it all worth it?

I do not know if his plan work.  I have swung from optimistic to
ambivalent with an occasional fit of pessimism when it comes to Danny.
However, one thing is starting to look clear, this team is not going to
get markedly better fast.  As you say Shawn, it seems as though it will
be played out for years.  If its a 5 year plan rather than progress next
year and results the year after, I do not think we will ever be able to
answer the question.  That is because I do not think Danny will be
around if that is the case.  So, we run the risk of just when we might
find out if it will work Ainge either resigning or being fired and
someone new coming in with another plan.