Chucky Atkins will go to Charlotte in the expansion draft

If you look at the trade this way, then you're trading contracts that
expire this year for contracts that expire this year and getting the draft
pick for free.

Here's my logic.  There's a chance that Charlotte, with the fourth pick in
the draft, will take the 6'7" high school point guard prospect
(I think Livingston is the name he goes by).  So the kid is going to need
a mentor.  Veteran free agent point guards worth having usually don't
sign with expansion teams, so that leaves Charlotte with the expansion
draft as really their only opportunity to grab one.

I know everybody is talking about Charlotte taking Damon Stoudamire, but
really, is that who you want your young impressionable PG of the future
learning from?  Atkins will never be mistaken for an all-star, but he's a
quality veteran point guard and a good locker room guy for Livingston to
learn from.

My other prediction is that Mihm could be traded to the Clippers leading
up to the draft (since he is under contract for next year but expected to
opt out), allowing us to move up, if the Clippers feel they have a real
shot at Kobe Bryant.