Atkins update

Chad Ford is suggesting we'd end up with Atkins, Hunter (expiring
contract) and a #1 for Mills & Mike James -- i don't know how much i
like that --> basically Atkins + #1 for James, I guess that's not too
bad (esp. if we can turn 2 or 3 of those picks into Randolph, Rahim or
Gooden!)

------------from his chat:

Nick: It's getting late. Rasheed to Detroit: on or off? I think Atlanta
and Boston are sensing the urgency in the Pistons and trying to milk
all they can from them, and that's the stall. Might Artest's injury be
a factor for Dumars ultimately deciding to take the conservative route?

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of espn.gif]
Chad Ford: (1:01 PM ET ) They're still talking. I just talked to
sources in two of those cities and they're still trying to hammer a
deal out. I'm not sure what the odds are, but it's encouraging that
they're still talking. Here's a possibility that works based on a few
tidbits that I've picked up. Again, just to be clear, nothing is done
yet.

Pistons get: Rasheed Wallace

Celtics get: Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter and a No. 1

Hawks get: Chris Mills, Zeljko Rebraca, Bob Sura, Mike James and a
Pistons No. 1

That's the best I can do right now. If I hear anything concrete or
definitive, I'll let you know. These deals are very tricky and there
isn't much incentive for Atlanta or Boston to do it, but it sounds like
the Pistons are trying hard to make it ha