Re: Utah-ORL-Pheonix trade

On Feb 19, 2004, at 1:04 PM, Banner 17 wrote:

Phoenix did this to avoid the luxury tax. They went down to 53M from 59M. Thats what Im talkin about, we should use Mills' contract to twist the arm of the other teams to pony up their offers. Time to flex those muscles, Danny.

but don't they sacrifice some of their capspace for this summer? By my understanding $59 wont be lux tax land. and is not paying the luxury tax worth 2 #1s? it just seems strange

ESPN seems to be confirming it though...

(the other) mark