Re: Utah-ORL-Pheonix trade

Nope. They didn't want more. They just wanted someone willing to take on
Gugliotta's contract. They gave Utah two No. 1 picks to do it. They were
that desperate to avoid the luxury tax. I agree, it seems like a high
price to pay. If I were a Phoenix fan, I'd be fuming. This doesn't have
anything to do with cap room. It's strictly luxury tax driven, as far as
I can tell.

Could we have given as much? Nope. Utah could do it because they had cap
room to absorb the huge Gugliotta contract. Pretty amazing, though.

I'd still be pushing for Jahidi White and Vujanic or Cabarkapa or
first-rounder for the Mills contract.

Mark

mark wrote:

Pheonix is giving Utah 2 #1 picks for Keon Clark?  When they already
have Stoudamire, Marion & McDyess?  Damn that makes no sense -- Clark
makes less money, thus has a smaller contract expiring, than Gugliotta
and TWO #1s....this has got to be a joke.  There's gotta be something
more involved.

We coudl have given them more than that.